The apparel industry in Kansas City relies on skilled workers. The problem? There’s a serious shortage of expertise, including seamstresses, specialty cutting, sewing, machine technology, and others.
On Nov. 8, 2012, the Kansas City, Kansas Community College hopes to address those challenges and maybe even fashion a solution during its Facilitated Garment District Roundtable.
The roundtable will bring together key players, both established business and startups, to identify collective resources that can support local apparel manufacturers. The guided discussion will:
- identify workforce needs
- outline obstacles that the industry is facing
- discuss tactics on how to best overcome those obstacles
- connect garment resources together to overcome barriers
- explore training opportunities for employees of the garment district
- create potential business transactions
- share innovations in the industry
If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 913-288-7210.
Details: Facilitated Garment District Roundtable
November 8 @ 8– 10 a.m.
Kansas City, Kansas Community College
7250 State Ave., Flint Building Room 3619B
Kansas City, KS, 66112
Continental Breakfast and plenty of coffee will be provided. Photo by Stephen Melvin